Next level apple granola-like crumble
Oh believe me, the crumble could get much more exciting, testier and healthier 😉 Instead of mixing just flour and butter for the crust, let’s take it to the next level and make an apple granola-like crumble. It does not take more time or energy it just takes a few more different ingredients. You can also spice up the apples a bit if you dare 😉 Let’s get on with it, I promise, you will love it!
Serves: 8. Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes (preparation 30 min, baking 45 min)
INGREDIENTS (organic and in order of use)
For the crust:
120g of Oatmeal
50g of Coconut flower (or Almond if you prefer)
3 tablespoons of Unrefined Cane Sugar
Zest of 1 Lemon
1 handful of Sunflower seeds
1 handful of Pumpkin seeds
120g of Coconut Oil, solid if possible (or room temperature Butter if you prefer)
1 teaspoon of sesame seeds
pinch of Unrefined salt
For the Apples:
8 medium Apples
Juice of 1 Lemon
3 tablespoons of Unrefined Sugar
3 level tablespoons of Cinnamon
1 teaspoon of ground Ginger (to spice up the crumble but it is optional)
- Start with a mix for the crust. Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them with your hands into tiny lumps. Reserve for later.
- Wash and peel the apples. Halve them, take the seedy part out and cut them in slices (3-4 mm thick).
- Put the slices in a baking dish. Cover them with 3 tablespoons of sugar, 3 tablespoons of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of ground ginger (optional), juice of 1 lemon. Mix with your hands so that all apple slices get well covered and even the surface.
- Cover the apples with the crust mix evenly and bake at 180°C for about 45 minutes. Apples should be soft and melting and the crust golden and crunchy.
- Let cool the apple granola-like crumble a bit before serving as is (like I do) or with a scoop of ice-cream.