Quick green veggies tagliatelle
Even though I often work from home I do not have much time for lunch but still I do not compromise with its quality… These green veggies tagliatelle are really quick to make, 20-30 min depending on how quick you are with cutting the veggies. I sometimes even make them for our family dinner on the busy week evenings. Creamy and packed with delicious vegetables with a bit of crunch from the pine nuts. Pasta is always a good idea!
Serves: 4. Total time: 20-30minutes
INGREDIENTS (organic and in order of use)
1 small Onion
2-3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
2-3 pinches of coarse Unrefined Salt
150g of Broccoli
2-3 pepper mill tours of Pepper
400ml of Oat cream
50g of Cream Cheese (or for my vegan friends 1 tablespoon of ground Cashews + 1 tablespoon of Nutritional Yeast)
1 level teaspoon of Garlic powder
150g of fresh Spinach leaves
1/2 Lemon juice
400g of Tagliatelle (100g per person, fresh are even better)
150g of Green Peas
some fresh Chives and Pine Nuts to sprinkle before serving
- Start with chopping 1 small onion finely and put it to cook in a casserole pan with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and 2-3 pinches of unrefined salt.
- Let it cook on a medium heat while you detail 150g of broccoli into small florets.
- Add the broccoli florets to the pan and keep cooking for 5 more minutes.
- In the meantime put water for pasta to boil and prepare 400g of tagliatelle and 150g of green peas.
- While waiting for the water to boil, add 400g of oat cream and 50g of cream cheese to the broccoli. Combine everything together and add 150g of spinach, juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and some pepper. Combine again and let simmer covered, while the pasta and the peas are cooking.
- When the water starts to boil add a generous pinch of coarse unrefined salt, and put 400g of tagliatelle and 150g of peas to cook together. Fresh green peas need about 10 minutes to cook so maybe they would need to be put in the boiling water 2-3 minutes before the pasta.
- When they are ready, add them to the sauce pan, combine everything together, adjust the seasoning and take it off the heat.
- Serve the green veggies tagliatelle with some pine nuts and chopped chives and enjoy 🙂