Simple coconut cake with strawberries
Very simple to make, this coconut cake is super coconutty and tastes delicious with fresh strawberry garnish.
For a wow effect even with a simplest cake (like this one), all you need to do is invest in a nice cake mould and add fresh fruit. It works like a charm 😉
Serves: 8 – 10. Total time: 50 minutes (preparation 15 min, baking 35 min)
INGREDIENTS (organic and in order of use)
1 cup of plein yoghurt (250ml, we will use it as a mesure of all the other ingredients)
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of flour
2 cups of unrefined coconut sugar
1 cup of coconut flour (2/3 of coconut flour, 1/3 of grated coconut)
1 level teaspoon of baking powder
a handful fresh strawberries and/or raspberries)
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Whisk 3 eggs (manually or with a mixer).
- Add 1 cup of yoghurt and 1/2 cup of coconut oil and mix everything together.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and add the liquid mixture to it.
- Mix all ingredients together to obtain smooth cake batter.
- Add a handful of halved raspberries and mix delicately.
- Pour into your fancy cake mould and bake at 200°C for 35-40 minutes
- When it’s ready, let cool down, take it out of the mould and decorate with fresh strawberries (or raspberries).
- You can also add some “custard sauce” simply made warming some coconut cream with some coconut sugar and a spoonful of coconut flakes.