Spinach tart with goat cheese and pine nuts
In France pie (tarte) is a bit like pizza in Italie, a very popular national dish. You can put almost anything on a short pastry or a puff pastry base. Every French region has its iconic tarte version and surely every French who likes cooking has his/her own recipe too. I have several, but let’s start with this savoury spinach tart with goat cheese, feta and pine nuts.
Serves: 4. Total time: 45 min (preparation 15 min, baking 30 min)
1 roll of Short Pastry
600-700g of Spinach leaves
1 Onion (medium-small)
1 Garlic clove (medium-small)
70g of Goat Cheese
70g of Feta
200ml of non-dairy Cream (I prefer oat cream, but you can also use soy or spelt cream)
1 small handful of Pine nuts
2-3 tablespoons of Olive oil
1 pinch of coarse unrefined Sea salt
- Wash and dry spinach leaves.
- Peel onion and garlic clove and chop them finely or press garlic. Cook onion, garlic and olive oil in a frying pan for 5-10 minutes at medium temperature until the onion turns translucent.
- Add spinach leaves and salt and cook another 5-10 minutes to soften the spinach.
- While the spinach is cooking, spread a roll of short pastry in your greased (or baking paper covered) tart dish (mine is of 33cm of diameter). Crumble the goat cheese and the feta directly on the pastry spread in your tart dish. Preheat oven at 200°C.
- Whisk 4 eggs in a bowl for a few minutes to make them a bit foamy. Add a non-dairy cream and whisk a bit longer. Than add the spinach and mix everything together.
- Pour the preparation on the short pastry (with cheese) and spread it nicely to make an even surface. Sprinkle with pine nuts, place into the oven and bake at 200°C for 25-30 minutes. Serve warm 🙂