Completely nutty brownie
There are so many different chocolate cake recipes today, that you can find anything you can imagine on the internet: full fat, light, creamy, pasty, vegan, dark, milk, simple, fancy you name it. However, sometimes, one just craves the no-surprises one, the one everyone knows so well and loves so much – the brownie!
The little calorie bomb with thin crust, dense but still a bit moist and definitively not pasty texture and of course of intense chocolate flavour. To me, it is the ideal cup of coffee match for a fika pause, the “cake + coffee” Swedish afternoon break. I do hope you will love my roasted hazelnuts and chocolate chunks brownie recipe 😉
Serves: 10-12 brownies. Total time: 45 minutes (preparation 20 min, baking 25 min)
INGREDIENTS (organic and in order of use)
60g of Hazelnuts
250g of Dark Chocolate (170 to melt + 80 to chop)
100g of Butter
100g of Unrefined Sugar
20g of Pure Cocoa
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract or 1 generous pinch of Vanilla powder
100g of Flour
- Roast 60g of hazelnuts at 160°C for about 15 minutes.
- Melt 170g of dark chocolat with 100g of butter at very low heath. Chop the rest of the chocolate in chunks (1cm x 1cm apprx).
- In a bowl mix 100g of sugar, 20g of cocoa, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 3 eggs. I use electrical mixer.
- Add the melted chocolate+butter and mix a bit longer.
- Finally add 100g of flour and continue mixing until the paste becomes smooth and even. If the paste seems a bit too dense and you can feel the mixer turning slower add progressively up to 100ml of a plant based milk (or any other you prefer).
You do not need to add all 100ml of milk. The brownie paste is always a bit denser than the majority of of other cake mixtures.
- Crush the roasted hazelnuts and then add them with the 80g chocolate pieces in the dough using a spatula.
- Pour and smooth the dough into your cake pan and bake at 180°C for 25 minutes. Simple, fast and irresistible 😉
2 thoughts on “Completely nutty brownie”
These look so yummy!
Thanks so much Karly! Do send a picture if you try the recipe and you like it 🙂