Almond and Chocolate Pear cake (vegan & gluten-free)
What a beautiful season the autumn is, a festival of colours and flavours! The shorter the days become and the lower the temperature, the more I cook. There is something very comforting in the kitchen enveloped in warmth and mouth-watering fragrances coming from the oven. This pear cake will tease your nostrils well before feasting your taste buds 😉 Eggs, butter and gluten free, it leaves all the room for a delicious combination of juicy fruit, roasted almonds and chocolate.
Serves : 8 pieces. Total time: 50 min (preparation 15-20 min, oven baking 35 min)
INGREDIENTS (organic, in order of use)
100g of Buckwheat flour
40g of Pure Cocoa
100g of Almonds
80g of Unrefined Cane Sugar
1 packet of Baking Powder (10g, gluten free)
40g of Almond Oil or any other neutral (Sunflower or Coconut deodorized)
200ml of Almond Milk
3 Pears (medium size)
- Start by roasting the almonds on a baking sheet at 160°C for 15 minutes (no need to preheat the oven).
- In a mixing bowl mix the buckwheat flour, baking powder, unrefined sugar and cocoa. You will add the almond powder as soon as it is ready.
- In another smaller bowl, mix the almond milk, oil and a pear, seeded and mixed with its peal. Add the mixture to the first bowl and whisk vigorously to obtain a paste without lumps.
- Clean and cut in slices of 3-4 mm the other two pears.
- Your almonds should be ready by now, take them out of the oven and mix in a blender but not too finely. Leave a few crunchy pieces it adds flavour and texture to the cake. Add them to the bowl with the cake batter and whisk to incorporate.
- Pour the dough into a cake pan of about 20cm in diameter, covered in baking paper.
- Push the pear slices into the dough, in a shape of a star or as desired, and bake at 200°C for 30-35 minutes. Serve lukewarm.