Shiitake, spinach and coconut cream pasta
It is when I have not much choice of ingredients that I make the quickest and the tastiest meals. This shiitake, spinach and coconut cream pasta was ready in 30 minutes and everyone loved it. My son said: “If only we knew how delicious were this plant-based food we could have switched to it years ago, hahaha!
I was supposed to make a much more elaborated recipe with the shiitake but I was just not into it today. The shiitake on the other hand could not wait much longer as they were already sitting in the veggie drawer in the fridge for a few days. Consequently, they joined forces with their great ally spinach and a few different chops, pinches, drizzles and sprinkles and made this delicious meal 😉
Serves: 4. Total time: 30 minutes (preparation 15 minutes, cooking 15 minutes)
INGREDIENTS (organic and in order of use)
2-3 tbsp of Olive Oil
2 medium Shallots
200g of Shiitake
(I guess it could work with other types of mushrooms but shiitake are definitively my favourite)
2 cloves of Garlic
2-3 pinches of Unrefined Salt
1 tbsp of dried Parsley
2-3 tours of Black Pepper grinder
200g of fresh Spinach
250ml of Coconut milk (if its quite thick) or cream
2 tbsp of Nutritional Yeast
a small handful of fresh Basil
400g of Whole grain Spaghetti (100g per person)
- Chop finely 2 shallots and sauté them to translucent (about 5 minutes) with 2-3 tbsp of olive oil, in a casserole pan on a medium heat.
- Clean and chop each shiitake into 0,5mm stripes and add them to the shallots. Add 2-3 pinches of salt, 2-3 tours of pepper grinder and 2 pressed garlic cloves and keep cooking for about 10 minutes covered, stirring a bit in the meantime.
- Add 250ml of coconut milk, 200g of fresh spinach and 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast. Combine everything together and let simmer covered, at a medium-low heat, for about 15 minutes while the spaghetti are cooking.
- Cook 400g of whole grain spaghetti (approximately 10 minutes), add them to the sauce when ready, combine everything well together.
- Serve your shiitake, spinach and coconut cream pasta immediately with some coarsely chopped fresh basil.